When you participate in an examination at our clinic, you must adhere to a number of rules.
We are regularly confronted with volunteers who do not comply with inspection agreements. That is why we apply the following rule:
If you are unable to comply with an inspection agreement, we expect you to cancel this agreement in time. You can only do this by e-mail! If we do not receive a cancellation by e-mail from you in time, we will not automatically plan a new appointment with you. We will then place you on the reserve list. If you do not comply with your appointment twice or cancel by e-mail, we will no longer approach you for participation in drug research at QPS.
What should you take with you?
- Take a valid proof of identity with you, such as a passport, ID card or driver’s license. You cannot participate in the study without a valid proof of identity.
- Take your own clothes and toiletries. Towels and washcloths are provided in the clinics. In the clinics you can use the washing machine and dryer available at your own risk.
The following rules apply during your stay in the clinic:
- Upon arrival, a bag check will take place for the presence of food, drink and stimulants. Upon arrival, these items will be taken and returned on departure.
- Upon departure from the clinic, a bag check will take place for the presence of property of QPS NL.
- You will receive a wrist label with name and date of birth, which you should always wear.
- If you do not have to be sober, you cannot claim a meal provided by QPS NL upon arrival after 6:00 PM
- In the event of inappropriate behavior towards other volunteers or QPS NL staff you will be approached by QPS NL staff. The QPS NL staff determines what inappropriate behavior is.
- Instructions from QPS NL staff must be followed. Failure to follow instructions from QPS NL personnel may result in sanctions.
- The red choirs in toilets and showers are part of the emergency call system. This may only be pulled in emergency situations.
- For your own safety it is not allowed to walk barefoot or socks.
- During the investigation you must report to the QPS NL staff at the agreed time.
- You may not sit in the sun on puncture days. On all other days you are not allowed to sit in the sun between 11 am and 4 pm. For studies where you are not allowed to sit in the sun due to possible side effects, this is included in the volunteer information form that you have signed.
- Leaving the clinic while participating in a study without the permission or guidance of QPS NL staff is not permitted.
- You are responsible for your personal hygiene. You are expected to:
- Shower once a day, unless this is not permitted due to the study protocol
- Put on clean clothing regularly
- No use of body lotion, unless this has been agreed with the nursing staff
- You cannot receive a visit during your stay in the clinic.
- Pets are not allowed in the clinic.
- Smoking is not permitted during your stay in the clinic. For studies where you are not allowed to smoke during your participation in a study, this is included in the volunteer information form that you signed.
- You must be in your assigned bed at the latest by midnight and it must be quiet.
- You can use the lending system of DVD / game computers. You can get this through the QPS NL staff. You hereby sign for receipt and return, which means that you are personally responsible for its use. In the event of default, you must reimburse the expenses.
- The living room must be kept tidy.
- You are responsible for loading and unloading the dishwasher.
- Do not leave a bag, suitcase or loose clothing around the bed for safety reasons.
- You can use your own mobile phone in the clinics. There are no telephones in the clinics that volunteers can use.
- There are computers with an internet connection in the clinics of QPS NL. You can also use your own laptop and use a wireless internet connection from QPS NL. Visiting erotic sites and gambling sites is not permitted.
- QPS NL cannot be held liable for theft or damage to personal property by other volunteers.